Sunday, September 28, 2008

Windows Falling Open

One of my favorite things about Fall is being able to open the windows! There's something about sitting here on my couch with the windows open, the cool breeze coming in and football on the tv. It takes me home - to that comfy, life is good, I think I'll just take a nap feeling.

So yesterday was a big day for Matt and me. It was big for Matt because, well, it's Saturday in the Fall. They're all pretty big to him. I don't really get it, but he can watch any football game, no matter who it is... ALL day... ANY day... It was big for me because Auburn AND Alabama were on tv on the same day! That's not so easily come by up here in Louisville, you know.

So we decided to make a day of it. We went to the grocery store to get our goods for the day. However, I got a little sidetracked at the "Fall station" There were pumpkins and any type of funky looking squash you could think of! So, of course, I was like, these would be awesome in a little setup. So I rummaged through all the different squashes, trying to find the coolest, oddest looking ones... I had to concentrate on this... it took me a minute! So Matt left me and went on to continue with the grocery shopping.

Anywho... I enjoyed making my little decorative addition to the house... The fruit votive candle cutter thingy I got in my stocking at Christmas finally came in handy as well! Here's what I did:


So sometimes, Matt and I decide that we're in the mood to get cookin'! And yesterday was one of those days. We (well mostly Matt) created a feast! He made some of his grandmother's famous meatballs and tomato sauce from scratch for the world's most delicious meatball subs!

But the best had to be his stuffed mushrooms... holy.... moly.... Several months ago, Matt found a recipe for stuffed shrimp that is out of this world! It's become one of our favorite "special menus". And then the other day, a light bulb went off and we thought, "Let's take the shrimp stuffing, but put shrimp pieces in it and then use all of that to make stuffed mushrooms!" As Matt would say.... "Phenomenal."

Ladies, let me tell you... if you haven't ever gone to KraftFoods.com, you need to... right now. I love the recipes on there.. so simple and rarely have I ever had something bad! I've even subscribed to receive the Kraft Foods Magazine with recipes with all sorts of goodies. You should too - it's FREE! As a matter of fact, here's the link - http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/registration/contextualsignuplogin.aspx?registrationactivityid=1237

This is where I got the recipe for the Triple Layer Peanut Butter Brownies... yummo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment