Wednesday, October 29, 2008
And here it is! The final result of our hard work... Matt's Bat, Hope's Spider, and Dixie's paw!
Too bad we did this just a little too early and they are now all out by the trash full of mold... Oh well, it was fun and we learned our lesson for next year!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
So I was reading another blog and saw what I thought was a GREAT idea. Jennifer had "Celebrate Tuesday"... so I have decided to start Thursday Thoughts. I too will not commit to doing this once a week... I can only do so much, you know...
I was just thinking this morning, it's so much easier to be in a good mood than a bad one. You just feel better! So here's what I'm thankful for today...
- I love this Fall weather in Kentucky right now. It's 43 degrees outside and I have a couple windows cracked open in the apartment. It's 63 inside! I LOVE it!
- The cooler weather also means Dixie get to wear her "sweaters" that she loves so much. I love watching her stick her neck out and hold up her paws to get dressed!
- Waking up at 6am to work out and being excited about it!
- The Chi hairdryer - Mama and Brooke gave it to my for my birthday. As a matter of fact, I love it so much, you may see it in a "happy" later.
- Sugarland concert on Saturday with my husband!
- Mama, Brooke, and Grandmama coming for a "surprise" birthday visit to Kentucky! Louisville Slugger Museum, Kentucky Hot Browns and Churchill Downs, here we come!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I have this picture posted on my bulletin board (yes, next to the Q-Tip - see Happy #2) just because it brings a smile to my face!
More to come on the Gallant's Get Ready for Halloween....
Monday, October 20, 2008
I just thought I would share with you that I have actually had a salad for lunch like 5 days straight. No Kidding!!
I still don't like lettuce - don't get me wrong! However, I have discovered spinach. And it makes an awesome salad!
Now you know...
Saturday, October 11, 2008
So, it was a good day.
- Dixie got a bath - see pics below
- We met Rick Pitino
- We went to the flea market
- We got our pumpkins for Halloween
- I read alot - I'm addicted to the Twilight series like all the teenagers
- I did some baking.
- Matt made his delicious kabobs - yummo!
- Now I'm having a glass of wine...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
It's the small things in life.... like the size of an M&M... a peanut butter one.
They have helped get me through alot -
Wedding planning (thanks, Amber!)
A need for Halloween decor for my end table
No, seriously, look at those pretty colors! Don't worry, they're not just sitting on the table. I put them in a bowl with candy corn!
I love them.
You will too when you try 'em.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
So, if you know me at all, you know I tend to stress out. Whatever...
One thing that I have noticed that causes this -at least in the work arena- is that I take everything on personally. I have to learn that sometimes, business is business and sometimes things are just out of my control!
We had a cheesey speaker come and talk with us a while back with work to tell us how to communicate with each other, with clients, with people in general, yada yada... So, the other day when I was stressed to the max about work mess, I suddenly had a vision of this woman standing in front of us holding a framed QTip.
"She's nutso," I thought.
She said you gotta -
She's right. So, here's my QTip... even though it's not in a frame.
Friday, October 3, 2008
I tried to stretch his bday out as much as possible. We started the morning by opening his present... a Wii!! I don't think he was expecting it, but I don't know for sure. He loved it. He immediately wanted to go buy some more games, but I suggested maybe he should just rent and try them out before buying anything. Thank goodness, because as soon as he left, the mail man came by with the Tiger Woods Golf game from Brooke and Mama! So needless to say, he has played that non-stop. He's even created a Wii version of himself on that game.. it's pretty funny. Complete with "soul patch" and everything. I'll try to get a picture of that to put on here too!
He requested a red, white and blue yellow and carrot cake... yeah... so that's what he got! It was a little complicated for me to figure out how to accomplish that at first, but this was the end result. And even though it may look funky, it was delicious! So that's how we celebrated mid-day birthday.
Later that evening, we went and hung out with some of his Louisville Bats work buddies and then we went to his favorite restaurant, Outback, for dinner.
And then came home for more Wii!
It was a good day...