Monday, May 4, 2009

Poor Dixie Belle

Ok, so today I got that feeling that I'm sure all mothers who travel get... yes, I am aware I do not technically have a child. But seriously, let's face it, we all know she's not a dog, she IS our child.

So anyway, I'm traveling this week - ALL week. And Matt has games this week. This makes for a very long day between the outside potty breaks for Miss Dixie. So, last summer we invested in a dog walker - The Pet Pro www.the-petpro.com. Cherie is awesome. She loves Dixie and Dixie loves her. Well, Cherie had a baby - like everyone else I know in my life - (he is adorable by the way, I saw pictures) and is unable to work with Dixie now. .... sigh ....

So, no worries, though, right? She's got a back up and he came to meet us last week. Yes, I said "he". Dixie's never really had issues with men before, as I long as Matt or I were around - she loved him! She even did her little hug things she does when she curls up around your leg. Everything was great! We were good to go for my travel and Matt's games - Dixie's taken care of.

I'm getting on my second flight of the day today and my phone rings. I normally don't answer as I'm walking on a plane but it was a KY area code and not my husband. Oh my gosh - what if it's the dog walker and something's wrong with Dixie?!

Hello
Hey Hope, it's Cherie
(hold breath) Hey Cherie how are you?
Good... so Kurt tried to take Dixie out today and she was scared to death of him.
WHAT?
Yeah, she was shaking (I think I remember her saying that)and she ran and hid under something and wouldn't let him take her out.

My heart was broken. My mind went back to when I was leaving this morning. She knew. She wouldn't even pick up her head off of the couch, she just looked at me all pitiful and lifted her eyes as if to say, "Why are you leaving me again? You were just gone last week." And now this....

I feel so horrible for her knowing she's still there all along thinking we'll never come see her again. Ok, yeah, so she's probably sleeping, but still. It's sad!

I have a feeling Matt will get quite the welcome when he gets home tonight... and have a dog sleeping right on top of him all night long!

No comments:

Post a Comment