Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Savannah Y'all!

Who wants to move to Savannah with me?!

As you may know, I do alot of traveling with my job. It has it's ups and downs... but every once in a while, I do get to have an awesome "work" trip. And Savannah was one of them back in mid June. Sadly Matt had to work so he couldn't enjoy this beautiful town with me, but considering my sister's obsession with Paula Deen (or actually her son Bobby) I invited her and Mama to come join me. Below are some pictures from our adventure...

On the road! This is the infamous "car shot" that must be taken on all trip. What's really funny about it is that I'm not looking at the camera at all... my eyes are on the road!


I had to do a little side trip to Valdosta to train a new account, but Mama and Brooke hung in there and sat in the car in the parking lot!



Since we were going to Paula's Lady and Sons on our second night, we started out our trip at Uncle Bubba's. You know, Paula's brother... It was pretty good... Brooke took a glamour shot out front while we were waiting for dinner.








Umm.. no real reason to put this in the blog other than Brooke looks ridiculous. We were trying to teach Mama how to open her eyes for pictures, but I think Brooke went a little overboard.









Down on the river is an awesome candy shop. It smells of Heaven! You walk on that cobblestone road and stop dead in your tracks when you smell those awesome pralines, turtles and all sorts of yummy candies! Oh, so good!










On Day 2, we took a tour of Savannah. I wasn't real pumped about it at first, but by the end of it, I was ready to pack my bags. Well, almost ready... the fact that they only have a Single A baseball team doesn't do much for us... but anyway....





Here are a few of the other gorgeous, Southern sights we saw! (L) One of the many beautiful parks in the middle of the different "squares". The layout of the area was just awesome (Center) Being from Alabama, we have a special place in our hearts for.... Forrest Gump. This is the church steeple where the feather was falling down from at the beginning of the movie. (R) One of the many boats coming down the river you will see while standing on the cobblestone down on River Road.


Did I mention that Brooke is in love with Bobby Deen, Paula's son? Well, she is.... We were so pumped to get to eat dinner at Paula's famous "Lady and Son's" Restaurant. We shopped the little gift shop (where Brooke has decided is her dream job...) beforehand, bought the cookbooks and aprons and hoecake mixes (yeah, that's what they're called, and yeah, we bought it for Grandmama - ha!) Here's a pic of us right before having eaten 10 pounds of some of the best home cookin' you'll come across. Thanks, HospiScript for pickin' up the tab! Oh wait, can I say that?



Oh yeah, and while we were there, Brooke became friends with some of the staff to try to get the scoop on Bobby. She found out that he sometimes will come and hang out with people waiting to eat, so the next day she went back about 27 more times to see if he was around. Below are some more pics Brooke took in her trips back to Paula's.


Well, there's some of our highlights from our fun times in Savannah.... I'm ready to go back! So from our kitchen to yours, we wish you Best Dishes, y'all!

By the way, if you need a good recipe for Peach Cobbler, let me know! It's to die for, honey! Even my Yankee husband can't deny it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love Savannah! I have a painting of that fountain. My grandfather lived in/now buried in Savannah and my mom was born there! I can't wait take Chandler and Chris there one day!

    ReplyDelete