Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where the wild horses run....

So I have a little catching up to do on my blogs here. A few weeks ago - first weekend in June - I was able to take a work trip that helped me end up in Virginia Beach, Va for a visit with my ol college roommate, Ashley (Forbes) Knox. The highlight of the trip (once I finally got done with work mess) had to be the visit to her husband's parent's beach house on this wonderful little island called Carova - which I found out was called this because of it's location on the Carolina, Virgina line.

Anyway, it was perfect! Dennis' entire family was so wonderful and welcoming... and did I mention amazing cooks. Yes, I was off of the Weight Watchers for the weekend, but it was worth it! But hey, how many times am I going to get to hang out with Ashley and relax with the horses? The only thing that could have made it better was for Matt to not have to work and be there to enjoy it all with me!

I did learn one very important piece of information, however... don't stand too close to Ashley when the waves are crashing. She gets scared and the claws come out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment