Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Birthday Presents!

So, it's my birthday.... yea! When I got up this morning, Matt and Dixie were sitting in the living room waiting for me with presents from both of them sitting on the coffee table. Matt's taking me to see my FAVORITE band, Sugarland, on Saturday! I love them so much! He's also made reservations for us at PF Chang's - yumm yumm! So Matt asked a couple weeks ago what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday, so I told him a cookie cake - with LOTS of white icing! - thinking it would be something easy he could just order from the Cookie Company (and I do love them too!). But no, he decided to bake a double doozie white chocolate macadamia nut cookie cake - with lots of white icing! And let me tell you, folks, it's delish! And how about the Republican napkins and the cute dog hats? Dixie has to be involved in any way possible, you know...
So here was my present from Dixie. I LOVE it! Matt had been spending alot of time doing random things over the past couple weeks... now I see what it was! I've recently decided I'm gonna start scrapbooking. So I've been telling Matt everything I've been learning, the places to get things in Louisville, etc. And ladies, he was LISTENING! So with all of his new found knowledge, he decided that he would create a scrapbook calendar for me from Dixie's perspective... I just HAD to share the whole thing with everyone so you can know how amazing my husband is! I laughed and cried my eyeballs out at the same time!
Here is January.... please note the pictures form three paws! The G in the middle is baseballs on the grass. And yes, we did have Dixie in some of our engagement pics - she's part of the family!
February - You may recognize the peanut butter M&Ms from my "happies". If you look closely, they are now M,H&Ds (Matt, Hope & Dixie). The green heart is from the when he had the grounds crew guys cut "M heart H" in the outfield! The towel is from our honeymoon in Jamaica and the baseballs are from our rehearsal dinner!

March - I love the one of Dixie "driving" Matt's car... and you can't see it very well, but the pic up top with Dixie's tongue hanging out is priceless! And the road signs are all the states we go through on our journeys to and from each of our homes!

April - Opening Day of baseball season! The bats are what we had people sign at the wedding! And the Dixie on the right is what she looks like after a bath! So funny...

May - The month of Derby! In case you don't know, I love Barbaro. The race when he got hurt was the first horse race I had ever seen... and I haven't gotten over it yet! Here's Dixie in her racing garb...

June - this just cracks me up. My favorite is how Dixie's teeth stick out on the left on one and the right on the other. The just don't fit in there the way they're supposed to all the time!

July - These are Dixie's "I've just been groomed, I'm exhausted, and I have stupid bows in my hair" pics. So funny....

August - Matt's favorite. Can you guess why? That's all I'm going to say...

September - Another one of Matt's faves. This is a golf ball on a tee we gave the guys when they went golfing before the wedding. Then there's all of my teams logos and then the logos of the teams Troy plays next year...

October - You can't see it, but the pic on the left is one of my favorites. One day I was packing up the car to leave for a work trip and Dixie was sad. She used her paw to push down the blinds so she could see me. I cried....

November - our anniversary. This is one of my favorite pages!! Dixie couldn't come to the wedding, but Matt managed to get her in the middle of things! She's walking up the road with us, looking at the cake and driving off to go to our honeymoon! Love it!

December - Dixie even got her hand in our ring picture from the wedding! Not to mention her talent of giving Matt "the rock".... that one is real.

So there you have it! The coolest birthday present ever....

2 comments:

  1. HOPE! This is me thinking that your husband did a fabulous job on your calendar. That is amazing!! He is so creative! Kudos to him... LOTS of big points!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday. Your husband did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete