Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Carving - Day 1

So, Matt and I went to this cool little pumpkin "stand" a few days ago - ok like a week and and a half ago. And we got two pumpkins. One for us and one for Dixie. And then we went to Kroger and they had these adorable little mini-me pumpkins. So Matt decided that we needed to get one of those for her instead and the others could be his and mine. So here's what our cute little pumpkin family looked like...


Last night, we decided... it was time. The carving had to begin! So, having the best husband in the world, he suggested that we do mine first. Although now, I'm wondering if MAYBE it wasn't because we needed to do trial and error first? I don't know... So here's some picks of the events of the evening. Enjoy!




Matt hard at work cleaning out the guts!








Such attention to detail! Although I do have to say that he just did the first little part and I finished it off.... It was my pumpkin and my responsibility, after all! Matt did check on me occassionally, however, by asking, "How ya doin', pumpkin?" Gotta love him, really.






And there we have it - Hope's jack-o-lantern. It's a spider - duh?! So yeah, I have some cleaning up to do still, but I'll get there.






I also roasted the seeds. I still can't figure out how to eat them, but I do like the little mixture I baked them up in - 1 tbsp EVOO, 1tbsp salt, 1tbsp butter. At least the outside of them tastes good!

And I couldn't resist... Here's what they looked like pre-baked. :-)


More to come on the Gallant's Get Ready for Halloween....

No comments:

Post a Comment