Saturday, February 7, 2009

Army Strong

So why did we go to Missouri?

Matt's cousin, Ben, has been at Army Basic Training in Fort Leonard Wood since October. And yesterday was graduation day!


It was a pretty eye opening experience to me. You should have seen all these young men. One was even 17 years old! His mom gave permission for him to join the Army. Just looking at these guys, knowing they could be one of the ones about to go overseas and put their lives on the line for us... and they're so young!

Thankfully, Ben is not going overseas right away. He is heading back to school and will be in the reserves. But we were all so proud of him. Just look at Nan's face!

Personally, I thought it was pretty cool that he was one of the top marksmen in his "class" (forgive me, I'm not up to speed on my military terms) hitting 38 out of 40 targets!

I asked him if he would teach me how to shoot. I guess he doesn't know me very well yet, so he looked at Matt like... uhhh?

Matt just smiled, shook his head, and said, "It's ok."

Yeah it is... I want to learn!



Congratulations, Ben! Matt and I are very proud of you and thank you for serving our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment