Sunday, February 8, 2009

Zest!


Made a delish meal tonight that I got from one of my favorite websites, Kraft Foods.

What You Need
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup black olives, chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
1 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend
3 cups hot cooked rotini pasta

Make It
HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165ºF). Remove chicken from skillet.

ADD tomatoes, olives and lemon zest to skillet. Cook 4 min. or until hot, stirring frequently.

RETURN chicken to skillet; cook 1 min. or until hot. Top with cheese. Serve over pasta.

**I hate just having cooked chicken without any flavoring, so I did throw some salt, pepper and a little garlic powder to top of the chicken while it was cooking. I also chopped up a garlic clove and threw it in with the tomato sauce mixture... YUM!


But really, here's why I'm so excited about it...


I made lemon zest for the first time! At first, I'm just gonna go ahead and admit it, I found myself standing in the spice isle at the local Kroger. I couldn't find the lemon zest anywhere! And then, I thought, "you... idiot..." It dawned on me I've watched enough Food Network to know what to do. So I got that lemon and my little grater (although not an official "zester") and zested!

I was pretty proud of myself! Ha!

1 comment: