So, this is the first time in a while I've been able to get on here. Not because I don't want to, but I just haven't had the time... well, and maybe a little because there's not too much exciting going on these days to report, now that I think about it.
I'm traveling this week. I've been home for about two weeks so I guess it was about that time to get on the road again...
Every time I travel I have this little problem. I just don't get tired. Normally I will play on facebook or actually read a book, however my computer has a sickness and for some reason it will not let me get on facebook (which has been tough considering my addiction). And, I've got three books that I am in the middle of reading right now and none of them are really calling my name tonight.
So, I've resorted to subjecting you to my randomness... you have been warned.
Here's what's on my mind right now as I sit here again, at the Hampton Inn in Raleigh, NC (or Garner, NC... something like that):
* It's no secret... I am NOT a fan of cigarettes - more specifically their smoke. If you choose to smoke, that is your prerogative. It'll make your lungs black and you'll sound like a 95 year old hackin' up your lungs way before your time, but whatever floats your boat... but I don't want to smell it. I am so tired of having constant headaches when I travel. Rental cars say no smoking, hotel rooms say no smoking... but folks do it anyway. Right at this moment, I swear I can just feel the smoke remnants in this room weighing my lungs down, not to mention eating away at my sinuses and brain. So please, world, think before you light that stink... Meanwhile, I'm going to use my Neti Pot.
* 24. I really could just stop there. I'm telling you what, there's some shows that I love to watch, but dadgum, 24 is so amazing to me! I was stressing tonight thinking that I wouldn't get to the hotel in time - I made it with 7 minutes to spare! I'm not always all about action packed shows and movies but the fact that you don't know what is going to happen from (literally) one second to another just keeps you on the edge of your chair and thinking where did the past hour go? In the words of Emmitt Smith, "Jack Bauer is the man. Who else could go for 24 hours straight without sleeping, taking a bathroom break or eating anything?!" (shout out to my husband for sharing that quoteable with me)
* So, remember when I said I was going to try to grow my hair out? Well, it's still growing. I was thinking about it today and I do believe it's been some 5 months since I've even had a haircut! I've also started taking Biotin. A girl at work told me about it and I really think it's helping! It's a vitamin that is good for "skin/hair/nail support"... So far, so good! I'll keep you updated.
* So, Obama.... one more week... I just hope he's everything so many believe he will be.
* I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it, but I have the most amazing husband in the world... I don't know, I may have said that on there before a couple times. However, y'all stay tuned to find out how you earn the "World's Greatest Uncle Award"... cause he's gonna... if there was such a thing, anyway.
Well, Jon & Kate and their 8 are on... so I'm gonna go watch them. Good night, folks.