Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The unfairness of life

So, it snowed last night. And right now, I just called Matt into my office to look out the window at the falling ice. I thought it looked neat. He's like, "Yeah, it's freezing rain, my wife."

We have lots of conversations like this considering my Southern upbringing and his.... Northern.

But here's what gets me about these days... I work for home. Awesome, right? Yeah, most of the time. Then there's days like today. I have tons of work to do (this is my lunch break that I'm taking today that I usually never take, for your information)... for real. And other folks, well, don't.

The tv screen this morning looked like .... CANCELED.... CLOSED.... .CANCELED.... CLOSED...... CLOSED..... CLOSED.

So what does that mean for me? Well, considering my "office" is 10 steps from my couch, it means that I still get to work today while the rest of Louisville is throwing snowballs or curled up on the couch reading a book and drinking a glass of wine.

Ok, so maybe that's not what they're doing, but it's what I would like to be doing.

And just to make it even worse, this is what I just walked out of my office to find:

Dixie - "Seriously, mom. I am warm and cozy on this winter day. Did you really have to wake me up for another picture?"



Matt - "I AM the world's best golfer." If only Tiger Woods wii golf gave actual money, we'd be LOADED!


Oh, such is life...

Meanwhile... I suppose I've pouted enough about the unfairness of life. I must get back to work...

It's organized chaos....

Oh yeah, and speaking of life not being fair, check out my girl's thoughts on that. Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment